Bjorn Thomasson Design (Sweden) Sea Racer for a customer in CT (Now with Wil in Florida). Northern white cedar core, Performance layup. Exterior custom painted by Pete’s Autobody, Berlin, NH. Interior finished bright.
Inspiration for the sea racer was Martin Leonard III and his Arctic Cheetah and the reason was sea races and touring with a light load. It is very long and narrow … and tweaked towards as small a wetted surface as possible, a very high Cp (0,62) and considerable volume in the ends to handle difficult conditions in large waves. Designed by Björn Thomasson Design, Lund, Sweden.
– Performance fiberglass lay up: Dual layers of 3.2oz tight weave S-glass.
– Hatches are wooden lids with internal bungees and tethers.
– Coaming: Solid carbon fiber (twill weave), 30″ x 16″ (76 x 40.6 cm) competition size.
– Outfitting: Carbon fiber tube deck fittings with 1/4″ bungee and 3/16″ polyester perimeter line.
– Seat: Nelo carbon fiber Rotofix K1
– Steering: Stellar Kayaks Surf Ski footbrace and under-hull rudder.
– Delivery: August 2012
|Design =||BTD Sea Racer / Havsracer|
|Length (Overall) =||19′-6″ (598 cm)|
|Beam (Overall) =||17″ (43 cm)|
|Displacement =||255 lb (116 kg)|
|Prismatic Coeff =||0.62|
|Finished Weight =||31.0 lb (14.1 kg)|
See all the pictures taken during the build on our Facebook Page! Don’t worry, you don’t need a FB account to view the pictures. Here’s a sample.