“Mustang Sally” Wahoo Fast Sea Kayak built during the Spring of 2012 for LISA in Massachusetts. It has a white cedar core with a Performance fiberglass layup. The exterior is painted in Ford Race Red and Ebony with a bright interior. with a carbon fiber Nelo Ultra Low III C K1 race seat. Built exclusively with Entropy Resin Super Sap CLR bio-based epoxy.
The Wahoo (aka LComp) was designed by John Winters, a world renown canoe and kayak designer as a open water competition sea kayak targeted for smaller paddlers. It is 18′ long x 20″ wide. The design is owned by Lisa Huntington and Jim Budi.
– Painted with DuPont automotive refinishing system in Ford Race Red and Ebony
– Performance fiberglass lay up: Dual layers of 3.2oz tight weave S-glass.
– Hatches are wooden lids with internal bungees and tethers.
– Coaming: Solid carbon fiber (twill weave), 30″ x 16″ (76 x 40.6 cm) competition size.
– Outfitting: Recessed carbon fiber deck fittings with 1/4″ bungee and 3/16″ polyester perimeter line.
– Seat: Nelo carbon fiber Ultra Low IIIC K1
– Steering: Stellar Kayaks Surf Ski foot brace and SmartTrack Race rudder.
– Delivery: May 2012